The Go Dai Henka Jiu Jitsu System is based off of 5 elements: earth, fire, wind, water, and metal.
The program meets three nights a week. (Mon, Tues, Thurs) between 8pm and 9:15pm.
Shihan Steven Schwartz is the chief instructor for the Go Dai Henka System.
Please contact us or give us a call if you would like to attend or watch a class.
We utilize the 5 basic principles of Jiu Jitsu when we teach.
- Utilize the opponents strength to your advantage
- Attack the opponents weakness
Jiu Jitsu Focus Areas for Class
Ukemi – The art of falling
- Falls – Learning how to fall properly is extremely important and will help prevent injury during the throws which are performed. When done properly, a breakfall can reduce the impact of hitting the ground by up to 80%.
- Rolls – When falls cannot be used, we teach forward and back rolls to help while moving to the ground. Rolls can be either done on the ground or can be aerial.
Nage-waza – Throwing techniques
- Tachi Waza or Standing Throws – These throws are performed on an uke or attacker from the standing position.
- Sutemi Waza or Sacraficing Throws – Throws of this nature require the tori or the person throwing sacrafice their posture to bring the uke to the ground.
Kime-no-Kata – Forms of self defense
- The katas consist of a punch, kick, grab, or lock, which require the tori to escape and finish with a submission
Randori – Grappling and ground work
- Whether starting from stand up, the clench, or on the ground, we put our Jiu Jitsu to the test through Randori. Students apply the lessons and information given to them by the instructors to wrestle or grapple with another opponent until a conclusion or a tap has happened.
About the Go Dai Henka Jiu Jitsu system
Go Dai Henka, which means 5 changing elements is based of Japanese Shinto Yoshin Jiu Jitsu, while adding elements of Muay Thai, Western Boxing, and other martial arts.
The 5 elements the Jiu Jitsu system is based from includes:
Jiu Jitsu Class Hours
Our Jiu Jitsu program meets 3 nights a week ( Mon, Tues, Thurs) at 8:00pm until 9:15pm.
Contact our office today if you are interested in joining or have any questions.