ITF Tae Kwon Do
ITF Taekwon-Do at West Coast Dojo Sarasota
Our dojo's Taekwon-Do program is run by Instructor Scott Brigham is a 5th Degree Black Belt. He is the only internationally licensed International TaeKwon-Do Instructor from Tampa to Naples.
International TaeKwon-Do is the traditional form of TaeKwon-Do passed down from founder General Choi to his students. TaeKwon-Do focuses on building a strong physical and mental frame.
It is offered to all ages and classes are Wednesday and Friday nights. Our programs mixed age rang is perfect for families wanting to learn a new art together.
We are proud to represent the Sarasota area with the only ITF program of it's kind.
Our Taekwon-Do classes focus on:
• Self-Defense – Learn how to get out of things like wrists grabs and chokes, standing up or take them to the Ground!
• Flexibility – TaeKwon-Do Involves a lot of high kicking, so we do a lot stretching at the beginning of class to help loosen the body up. The more you stretch, the higher you’ll be able to kick!
• Sparring – Sparring is how you learn apply the techniques you’ve learned throughout classes. You have to use comprehensive thing to determine which technique will work best for the scenario you are currently facing. (We do a majority of our sparring on Fridays).
• Meditation – Before and after each class we take a moment of silence. Before class you should use that time to think about what you would like to learn and achieve. After class you should use that time to reflect on class. Did you achieve what you set out to do? Did you try your hardest? What can you improve for next time?
• Patterns – With every new rank you are taught a new pattern. These patterns contain new techniques and get more challenging with each new rank.
• Coordination – You will be challenged with combinations that will require you to hold your balance or do multiple things all at once. It gets easier over time.
Our Core Tae Kwon Do Tendents:
• Courtesy – TaeKwon-Do is a formal art. Treat your peers and seniors with respect.
• Integrity – Never be afraid to speak up about something.
• Perseverance – Keep working on the things that seem like you will never get it. One day you will.
• Self-control – Know your limits and the limits of those around. Never take advantage of someone who seems weaker than you.
• Indomitable Spirit – Never back down from anything you feel passionate about. Keep going until you achieve your dreams.
The tents of TaeKwon-Do are meant to do more than just help you inside of the dojo, they’re mean to be helpful in all aspects of your life.
The last Friday of every month we host a grueling endurance night that will be the ultimate test of your physical fitness.
Cost of TaeKwon-Do Classes and Hours
Our Taekwon-Do program meets 2 nights a week (Wednesday & Friday) at 6:00 pm until 7:30 pm.
Cost of TaeKwon-Do Classes: $90 / month.
Please contact our office if you would like to sign up or visit our dojo.